I’ve had a few friends and colleagues act with surprise when I tell them I’d moved on from Critical Mass to WestJet.
“WestJet?!?!” they’d reply, usually throwing their heads back in surprise.
Yes, having a desire to learn more about the operations side of I.T., I decided to try and get my hands dirty with the operational side of the web-business. Part of my role with the IT Web Maintenance team includes:[styledlist style="1"]
- Managing front-end web-servers running Jboss, WebLogic, Cascade CMS, Windows 2003/2008 Servers, Apache and Tomcat,
- Helping to patch all the Windows 2003/2008 (Virtual) servers across our application space,
- Supporting our third party vendor in Montreal with booking, hotel, ticketing and call-centre issues,
- Building and operationalizing new front-end servers for capital projects (Apache, Tomcat, WebLogic)
- Deploying code and content across various environments for testing and production
In the New Year I hope to be able to take some courses to help bring me up-to-speed on some of the technologies in our environment such as F5 LTM/GTM, Linux Admin (RHCSA), and ITIL certification.